Monday, November 05, 2007

And on her head...

... is the hat I was (rightly!) sure I'd finish soon. It just about killed me. I made it with an inexpensive odds-and-ends pack of wool I'd bought eons ago that was a good bit heavier than what the pattern called for. So I adjusted the number of stitches, and used slightly larger needles, and did my best to replicate the general design. If only I'd known how tough it would be to wrestle with this over-heavy yarn on over-small needles for the piping-detailing down the brim. It certainly gave my hands a workout!

But finally I got through the seventh and last tubed-stripe this afternoon. The hat is now drying, being stretched and shaped so that it will fit Fiona's cute little noggin perfectly.

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen a hat of that design before. Unique!


This blog is moving to archive-only status. Please consider posting comments instead at the active version of the blog at

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.