Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thoughts on growing up

Fiona likes the idea of growing up. She always looks forward to the next stage, to new levels of freedom, responsibility, competence, ability.

Earlier this week she said "I can't wait until I'm six. And until I'm seven."

"Why is that?"

"Because when I'm six I'll be able to play in orchestra. And when I'm seven I'll probably get out of my [toddler] car seat."

She's pretty much correct on both counts. She'll probably be able to join the community orchestra in early 2009 to play the one or two simplest pieces of repertoire. And we expect, given that she weighs maybe 33 lbs. now, that she'll be about 7 before she reaches the critical 40 lbs. and can move into a booster seat. She's not a large child. And she has always hit milestones in a funny order.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my, she's so tiny! I know my boy is a little chunky (in part thanks to two years of prednisone), but he's pretty close to 40!

    Well, good luck Fiona! Growing up is pretty neat indeed! ;)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moving to archive-only status. Please consider posting comments instead at the active version of the blog at nurturedbylove.ca/blog

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.