Saturday, April 19, 2008

Elevated reading

It's now open season on the chin-up bar. We had to take it down to prevent our string players from wrecking their arms and shoulders before the music festival. But after the festival it went back up. It's been used a million and one ways.

Here's the most recent one. Four cushions and a quilt apparently make the bar comfy enough to use as a reading nook. Yes she's actually lying on a bar in the doorway, five feet off the floor.

Here's the kicker. Guess what she's reading?

Kenneth Oppel's ultra-cool pseudo-historical fantasy novel "Airborn."

Purely a coincidence, it turns out.

9 comments:

  1. Alright, I have to know... where did you get your bar from? We've talked of buying one and yours seems pretty sturdy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Red, this bar was a gift but I believe it was purchased at a Sears Canada retail store. I'm told the SportCheck chain also carries them. The brand name of the bar is Freesport. Good luck in your search!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homeschoolers crack me up! WHo knew?

    I love how the bar has become The Bar in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like she is levitating!

    How unschooled is that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talking about raising the bar for education! (Or unschooling, as it happens)

    How does that thing stay up there? I can't figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just peeking at your blog, Emily is standing over my shoulder looking at the photo of Erin reading on The Bar and she says, "I wish I was a part of that family!" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For those who have asked, the bar mounts by telescoping into two cups that are screw-mounted to the door-jamb. It is very strong and secure this way.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moving to archive-only status. Please consider posting comments instead at the active version of the blog at nurturedbylove.ca/blog

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.