Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wishful thinking

It has been warm and spring-like for at least a couple of weeks here. Our friends down the hill are already thinking about gardening. Their garden has been bare of snow for a while already, and there are signs of crocuses, garlic and green grass at their place. I figured I'd head out to our garden and see if I could brush the last little bit of snow off the raised beds and look for signs of life.

Fat luck. That 'last little bit of snow' is still two feet deep -- and wet and dense. What a difference a couple hundred metres of elevation makes.

I did shovel the beginnings of a path to the lower beds, figuring I might be able to bring a few wheelbarrows of chicken manure in before too long. But who am I kidding? We need some serious melting first. It feels like spring, but we're not really there yet.

1 comment:

  1. That photo looks like the dead of winter to me LOL

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moving to archive-only status. Please consider posting comments instead at the active version of the blog at nurturedbylove.ca/blog

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.