Friday, February 19, 2010

Spring?

We've had almost no snow since Christmas time. We've had a fair bit of rain, and a lot of warm temperatures. And so the lawn is beginning to show. This puts us 6-8 weeks ahead of a normal year. Until this week I didn't dare to believe that this might be IT for winter. I was sure the other half of winter was coming.

But now I have to wonder. The highways department had the sweepers out yesterday, cleaning up the winter's accumulation of sand from the roads. My kids have put the hammock up. The deck is free of snow and basking in sun and warmth. The chickens are laying beautifully again.

Could this possibly really be it?

9 comments:

  1. ohhh I'm not so sure yet. I'm in Ontario and altho its a nice day (still cold and windy tho) it is at least sunny and has a spring look outside....but it is only the 19 of feb...Are you sure that photo isnt from last summer? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish!!! When I look out at our deck it is buried under mounds of snow and ice. Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:50 pm

    In Canada? Mmmmm. . .I don't think winter is over . . .yet lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:33 am

    I'm in BC...I'm skeptical winter is over (haven't taken the snow tires off the van yet!), but I'm going to enjoy the wonderful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking the snow tires off the van is risky -- I'm definitely not doing that either yet. But hope isn't so risky. I can hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:48 pm

    Well...we're about 2000 miles SSE of you, at the southern end of the US rockies (mere nubbins, highest around here is 8K ft), and we have a 40% chance of snow forecast for Tuesday, so my guess is...no.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:18 am

    So lucky! Everytime i think spring is here we get another snowfall. Nothing like the amount you guys are used to but I think in the UK we've had more bouts of snow in the last year than in my previous 30something years put together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:50 pm

    Well, here in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver winter really didn't even get started and it has most definitely left for good (just in time for the winter olympics!).

    By the way, your deck looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here in our area of Oregon, we're in the same boat - can't believe it really won't get cold and snowy again! Long about April, I'll believe it.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moving to archive-only status. Please consider posting comments instead at the active version of the blog at nurturedbylove.ca/blog

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.