Friday, March 11, 2011

She's in!

Yesterday we aborted our trip to Calgary after 6 hours on the road, getting turned back by avalanche closures on the passes. And then we went for a night-time run in town and a couple of hours at the gym. So she was still sleeping at 9 this morning when the phone rang.

I woke her up and handed her the phone.

I wasn't even thinking about anything a few minutes later when she showed up in the living room looking like the cat that had swallowed the canary. Guilty smirk and all.

"What?" I asked.

"I got in," she said.

National Youth Orchestra starts June 18.


  1. WOW. I remember when I first began reading your blog probably about 4 years ago and I read your earliest posts about the trials of Erin learning the violin. All these years later and what a wonderful achievement for her and for you Miranda. Congratulations

  2. Congratulations!

  3. my cousin ( from Vancouver but attending U of Montreal ) also "got in" for cello, if Erin still is going to Montreal next year might be good to meet?

  4. Wow congrats to her:) Is it a summer programme? Or is this the one at Mcgill? She is really on her way:)

  5. woo hoo! congrats to Erin :)

  6. Anonymous7:51 p.m.

    That is so cool!


  7. She so deserves it! Congratulations!

  8. Wonderful! Congratulations!

  9. Congratulations!
    What wonderful news.

  10. Congrats! Fantastic news!


This blog is moving to archive-only status. Please consider posting comments instead at the active version of the blog at

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.