Monday, April 06, 2009

Danny Boy



At the orchestra concert we always like to have a few small ensemble numbers. Noah's quartet played, but we were short on other stuff so I told my family we'd play something. This was the first time we'd performed as a sextet, with Fiona as well. We had one fifteen-minute rehearsal plus a run-through in the hall. It came off pretty well, I think. The tune is "Danny Boy," a.k.a. "Londonderry Air," a.k.a. "London Derrière," a.k.a. "London Butt" (by my kids -- who else?).

5 comments:

  1. Well done! I particularly liked the violas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:40 am

    This is such a gorgeous song and brings a tear to my eyes whenever I hear it. Beautiful rendition. You and your family are a huge inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and great playing! Loved the song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that's Noah, me, Sophie, Erin, Fiona and my mom. Sorry, should have pointed that out.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moving to archive-only status. Please consider posting comments instead at the active version of the blog at nurturedbylove.ca/blog

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.