- Sophie's yellow slip-ons.
- A decorative Christmas paper punch
- A matchbox car
- 87 shreds of black naugahyde from upholstery that formerly graced the toybox top
- two marbles
- embroidery hoop
- two and a half pairs of Noah's socks
- scrap of yarn from Fiona's finger-knitting
- empty Avery label packet
- pocket Japanese-English dictionary
- white piece from board game set
- detritus of Fiona's paper-cutting festival-cum-tantrum
- half a Sudoku puzzle
- half a styrofoam peanut, left over from static-electricity play
- At least three kleenex scraps
- Four pencils, and the bonus item....
- Small plastic rainbow trout
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
A week or two ago I posted an image of Where the Action Is, showing the kids together at the computer bench, where they spend far too much time clustered together playing games. Here's the dark side... the floor beneath the computer desk. I finally got around to doing more than a traffic-area vaccuuming of the family room and pulled out the toybox/bench. This is what typically accumulates in the space of a couple of weeks. Maximize the image in another window and play "I Spy."