Thursday, November 09, 2006

Singapore 5B at age three?

Fiona has been busy writing lots of letters and numbers lately. Today I found a 'spent' Singapore Primary Math workbook which she had commandeered for her own uses. She made me take an eraser to most the previous pencil work a couple of weeks ago and has been having her own way with one of the word problems. This page was lying open. She had used enough appropriate numbers and symbols that I did a double-take. Did she really try to write 40 P(ercent) for the answer to part A, do you think? Okay, it's probably a backwards 4, but who's to say? And where did she come up with the idea that decimal points and percent signs were part of this solution?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Miranda. I just wanted to say that I am pregnant with my first baby and due June 10th. Finding out was kind of an emotional whirlwind. It has caused me to have the emotional and mental rug stripped from under me. Luckily, I read a lot about unschooling long before the pregnancy and was always so intreagued by the lives of unschooled kids and parents. I recently went back to reading unschooling stuff including your sites, and it has all been such a lifesaver. A glimpse into the future if you will. Makes me feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Great job with GRUBS. Your latest harvest seemed so tasty.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moving to archive-only status. Please consider posting comments instead at the active version of the blog at nurturedbylove.ca/blog

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.