Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Only Fruit Salad

I don't much like fruit salad. When I grew up fruit salad was pretty much limited to after a Christmas dinner gorge when I wasn't really in any fit state to enjoy any more food. Maybe that's why. For whatever the reason I have an aversion to pineapple, banana slices, grapes, tinned peaches, pears and mandarin oranges mixed together in a large bowl.

But this, this is different. This is the Only Fruit Salad I'll ever love. And gosh, do I love it. So does the rest of the family. We discovered it last summer. I couldn't make it through until August again without it, so I confess we're occasionally buying California fruit.

The Only Fruit Salad

4 nectarines
4 peaches
1 1/2 cups of blueberries
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup sugar (or less, to taste)
1 Tbsp. fresh-grated ginger
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh thyme

The thyme is the odd ingredient here. It really works. Really really. This salad is enough reason in and of itself to plant your lawn over with thyme.

2 comments:

  1. i am not a fruit salad fan either but this sure looks tasty and i live in california so i can get the fruit for it easily! making this tomorrow night. thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, my lawn has patches of thyme growing wild in it! It spilled out of the garden and is appearing in the oddest places...

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moving to archive-only status. Please consider posting comments instead at the active version of the blog at nurturedbylove.ca/blog

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.