Thursday, March 26, 2009

Results

The five marked written subtests of Noah's Foundation Skills Assessment test came back in the mail today. I was assuming I'd quietly tuck them away and not reveal the results unless he happened to remember to ask about them, something I figured was unlikely. He's a real perfectionist and I figured he would be unhappy with whatever score he got. He's never had his academic skills measured before, and I know he's getting to an age where he's starting to wonder whether he stacks up okay against school's expectations, likely expecting evidence that he doesn't.

But his scores were perfect across the board.

So I told him.

"Does this mean I'm awesome?" he asked gleefully.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, way to go Noah! I bet that gives you a little boost as an unschooling mom that maybe you knew what you were doing after all and the naysayers can just shush! Good job. I know you don't need a test to prove that things are going fine but if you're like me, it sure feels nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, forgot to add.... Yep, he's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:42 am

    Wow, well done Noah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Noah! Though you're not awesome BECAUSE of your excellent test results. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for him!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! As much as we know not to emphasize test scores, there's something COMPLETELY awesome about perfect scores!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moving to archive-only status. Please consider posting comments instead at the active version of the blog at nurturedbylove.ca/blog

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.