Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Creature creating

There are times I despair over the computer use in this family. I wonder what good can possibly come of it. Then there are nights like tonight.







Spore is due out later this week. I've never seen such a sure-bet piece of software on the horizon for my kids. It's going to be totally their style -- especially when it comes to collaborative computer play. Imaginative play with character and attitude, in a bizarre world where almost anything is possible. It's like Sim Euwy World. They've been messing around with the Creature Creator this week. They're coming up with critters that remind me so much of the little Euwian critters...




they've been known to create out of plasticine, except that the Spore Creatures move and dance and engage in mating behaviour and snort and roar. All of which results in the kind of moments of hilarity and wonderful sibling togetherness you see above.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmm, well it has been awhile since you made me pull out my credit card Miranda, but this post did it lol - downloading the pre-load right now lol. Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any feedback on Spore, yet? My kids have been fascinated by it, but they've read some awful reviews. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kris, my kids seem to love it. Here's a link to Noah's review on his blog, written the day the game came out, I think. All four kids are enjoying it, each at his own level.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moving to archive-only status. Please consider posting comments instead at the active version of the blog at nurturedbylove.ca/blog

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.