Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Smithy sign

This is the sign the kids and I made for Chuck's new blacksmith shop. I was thrilled that I had lots of help with this endeavour. Noah researched and downloaded the font for me, and the younger two were especially enthusiastic with the painting. Fiona did a fair bit of the black edging (with masking tape to guide) as well as filling in the anvil. Sophie was mostly in charge of the flames, which you can see well if you click to view the full-sized image. For my part, besides painting the lettering, I managed both a jigsaw and a router unassisted and unmentored, with passable results.

It's double-sided, painted on cedar and spar-varnished for outdoor use, so we're hoping some sort of forged steel arm will soon suspend it over the door of the shop.

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL job! And so wonderful that you are relaxed enough to have the kids participate as well...I am so envious and inspired. Your husband will be so pleased!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moving to archive-only status. Please consider posting comments instead at the active version of the blog at nurturedbylove.ca/blog

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.